Getting Started with Ubuntu 14.04 Schedule

Hello everyone!

As all may know, we have decided to move the final release date of the manual to correspond with the release of Ubuntu 14.04.1 due to low numbers of contributors for this cycle. I have created a new schedule for this "mini-cycle".

Authoring Phase: May 8, 2014 thru July 10, 2014
Editing Phase: July 10, 2014 thru July 23, 2014
Final Release: July 24, 2014

If you would like to add or change this, just let me know. :)

I have also decided that I would like to have at least two meetings using IRC before the final release. I will announce when date voting will be.

The following sections need either an author, editor, or both. An "A" represents the need of an author, and an "E" represents the need of an editor.:

2. The Ubuntu Desktop
* The Dash/Search Bar/Browsing Files (A/E)
* Workspaces, Managing Windows (A/E)
* Appearance (A)
* Accessibility (A/E)
* Session Options (A/E)
* HUD (E)
* Getting Help (A/E)

3. Working with Ubuntu
* All the Applications You Need (E)
* Getting Online (A)
* Viewing and Editing Photos (A/E)
* Watching Videos and Movies (A/E)
* Listening to Audio and Music (A/E)
* Burning CDs and DVDs (A/E)
* Microblogging (E)

5. Software Management
* Using Software Center (A)
* Managing Additional Software (A)

6. Advanced Topics (A)

Glossary (E)
Index (E)

If you have completed your section and/or you have any free time you would be willing to give to the team, please pick a section/chapter to author/edit [1].

Lastly, I would like to thank everyone who has tried to work on this release of the manual. We all were a bit scrambled due to having no coordinators, but we can make this happen if we all keep in contact for the next 11-12 weeks! :)

[1] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApS28NMLnYJXdEdGQjRtUWtaOUZxREVzUldSOU5kc2c&f=true&noheader=true&gid=4

Thanks!
Thomas Corwin