Re: Final stage

Op 17-04-16 om 20:12 schreef Sylvie Gallet:

I have made changes to wine-on-ubuntu.tex. I have adjusted the version
numbers and references to USC. I also changed the section "Installing
Wine (Alternative)" a bit. As for MS .NET, I have not done anything
about that. Since the text refers to the winehq.org website for more
compatibility information, I think we can leave this part as is.
Could you please have a look at the changed section?

Thanks Hannie. I couldn't install Wine via Software because it doesn't show up in the results of a search with the keyword "wine". Si I suggest we just drop the alternative installation.

        - Sylvie

Yes, I was also thinking of dropping the alternative way of installing Wine. On the other hand, if you add the ppa to Software & Updates, tab Other, you should be able to find Wine in the Software search bar. Have you tried that? If it works, we could leave the alternative way description in wine.tex. Btw, this method worked with other ppa software when I tested "installing software using ppa" in Xenial.
I have installed Wine using the first method, and it all worked fine.