Re: Start translating

Hello, Jose.

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 5:17 AM, Jose <joseluis.tirado@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've already got the initial draft for the Spanish translation, but I'm not
> able to upload the file po/es.po back to Launchpad.I get the following error
> when I try to do it from Baazar Explorer:
>
> Run command: bzr commit -m "Spanish translation (initial draft)" po/es.po
>
> bzr: ERROR: No se puede bloquear
> LockDir(http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-manual/ubuntu-manual/xenial/.bzr/branch/lock):
> Transport operation not possible: http does not support mkdir()
>

> I don't understand what directoy is trying to create, so I also tried to do
> it from the command line using lp protocol instead of http and then I get an
> authentication error:
>
> txelu@txelu-io:~/workspace/traducciones/ubuntu-manual/xenial/xenial$ bzr
> push lp:ubuntu-manual
> Working tree
> "/home/txelu/workspace/traducciones/ubuntu-manual/xenial/xenial/" has
> uncommitted changes (See bzr status). Uncommitted changes will not be
> pushed.
> Permission denied (publickey).
> ConnectionReset reading response for 'BzrDir.open_2.1', retrying
> Permission denied (publickey).
> bzr: ERROR: Conexión cerrada: Unexpected end of message. Please check
> connectivity and permissions, and report a bug if problems persist.
> txelu@txelu-io:~/workspace/traducciones/ubuntu-manual/xenial/xenial$
>
> Bazaar should be correctly configured (bzr whoami command returns my
> credentials) and I can correctly get new updates from the repository. I've
> also checked that my membership to Ubuntu Manual Team is still active. Is
> there anything else that I could check or it is just that I have no
> priveleges enough to upload changes?

It sounds like Launchpad doesn't recognize your computer. If this is a
fresh installation of Ubuntu or a new computer, you may need to create
an SSH key if you haven't already and upload it to Launchpad. More
detailed instructions are available at
<http://ubuntu-manual.org/getinvolved/authors#launchpad>.

If you those instructions don't work for you or if you continue to
encounter problems, please let me know.

Thanks!

—Kevin