ubuntu-microblogging team mailing list archive

Microblogging @ UDS

Hi everyone:

So it's time we bring microblogging to the Ubuntu development process.
Please see: http://identi.ca/ubuntudevelopers

I've made this account follow the following: @udscommunity,
@udskernel, @udsqa, @udsfoundations, @udsmobile, @udsdesktop, and
@udsserver.

What's going to happen here is each track will have a person
live-denting the session. This person will probably either be the
existing scribe or another volunteer. We'll then encourage people to
follow @ubuntudevelopers (either via identi.ca or the RSS feed) or
individual tracks if they want. I have the passwords for each account
which I will give to the track leads at UDS.

First off, I'd like feedback on this idea from you guys.
Secondly I will need people who are attending UDS (Nick/Greg/Mike?) to
help people who have never done this before get set up on identi.ca,
set up gwibber if they want and generally help other people "get"
microblogging, etc.

Lastly I will need help spreading the word to the entire Ubuntu
community, but not until I square some things away and announce it on
my blog. :) In the meantime we can have a quick discussion on other
ideas, etc.

--
Jorge Castro
jorge (at) ubuntu.com