ubuntu-moroccan-users team mailing list archive

Fwd: July, 1st meeting summary (English translation)

Voici également la vérification de Mohammed Slimani, je mettrais tout sur le
wiki demain, ainsi qu'une révision du résumé en français:

Salut, vraiment désolé, pour je ne sais quelle raison ce mail était dans ma
boite SPAM :/ Bref, c'est bien écrit, j'ai corrigé quelques petits trucs:

July, 1st meeting summary:

We began by discussing the LoCo Team Validation. After reading the page
where the validation conditions are reported, we conclude that we have not
yet met these requirements. In order to validate our LoCo Team, we need to:

 * Have a dynamic IRC channel on the Freenode network. In our case, the
#ubuntu-ma channel is dead, first because not enough people are using it to
connect, and second because the operator (Didinux) is hardly ever connected,
Ha55an will contact him to distribute the operator rights among us ( up to 2
to 3 people). We encourage people to participate in the IRC channel when
they have free time.

 * Have a dynamic mailing list. But since we only received the first post
last week its still a little early to flesh out this idea, but it is on the
way. However, we still encourage you to post messages in the mailing list
for any question or information. We have asked Ubuntu to host our mailing
list on their server instead of the Canonical one which hosts the actual ML.

 * Organize meetings and workshops. We have decided to organize an Install
Party, which will be one day when you can bring your computer and we will
install Ubuntu on it. It's scheduled for the end of this year, with the
Intrepid Ibex release, the next Ubuntu version. The place chosen is
Casablanca's Technopark. Possibly, this event will be followed and/or
preceded by workshops. Details will be communicated following a members
meeting that will be organized especially to prepare this event. Ha55an has
generously offered to burn and label CDs.

* Have a dynamic wiki page. The actual wiki page content is poor, so I'm
updating it, I'm also dressing a non-exhaustive list of Moroccan Ubuntu
users. My goal is to take a census of 50 people.

Lastly, we discussed the website content. For the wiki, we concluded that
creating a French and Spanish wiki and forums is useless because they
already exist and we aren't trying to compete with any LoCo Team. In the
Arabic side, we are going to convene with the Tunisian and Jordanian LoCo
teams to build an Arabic documentation together. The forums will also be the
responsibility of this project.
We have also have decided to create a podcast about Ubuntu and free
softwares. The discussion will be done thanks to the VIP client Ekiga.
Anybody can participate. The participation is free, and you will not be
obligated to participate on all episodes. The first episode will be recorded
in two or three weeks. A Wordpress blog will be created especially for this
podcast.

Là, je vais m'occuper du tuto en arabe pour l'installation du Sagem Fast
800.

--
SAYERH Wassim
Mail/Google Talk: wsayerh@xxxxxxxxx