ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

Joining the team

Hi,

I am willing to joint the team.

I have been using multiseat under Ubuntu for many years now in my
family computer. It is a very nice technology. I have been active in
some bug reports associated to multiseat and lightdm, specially the
problem that makes logging in difficult (the password field is not
active) and this is the reason why I use an old version of lightdm as
workaround.

I have just been hit by 13.04 end of life. I have then to upgrade to
13.10 but the old lightdm does not work any more... I will have to
find a way to move around this and hence I now specially willing to
help multiseat testing. I am very used to testing multiseat
configurations.

My plan now is try to get 13.10 with KDM working or maybe GDM. But the
ideal solution for me is to use the default lightdm. KDM have problems
with gnome-keyring (at least it had the last time I tried that
solution), and I never got th new GDM working.

I can help by testing, reading some code (I know how to code, I have a
computer science degree, but I don't code system programs, I usually
work with numerical analysis which is more like Applied Math), bug
hunting and so on.

best,

Paulo
--
Paulo José da Silva e Silva
Professor Associado, Dep. de Matemática Aplicada

Web: http://www.ime.unicamp.br/~pjssilva

Follow ups