ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

Re: Lightdm and Xephyr multiseat fun

> One tweak was needed was to specify the library after the compilation
> unit, to avoid an undefined reference to sd_get_seats:
>
> $ gcc -Wall -std=gnu99 -DHOST_X_SERVER=\"/usr/bin/X\"
> -DNESTED_X_SERVER=\"/usr/bin/Xephyr\" -DDEFAULT_DISPLAY=\":90\"
> -DDEFAULT_XKBLAYOUT=\"br\" multi-seat-xephyr.c -lsystemd-login -o
> multi-seat-xephyr

Thank you very much for this advice! Now I can build correctly for Ubuntu.

 It looks like the example given makes more sense starting from 'seat0'
> rather than 'seat-1'.

I've just updated the description text at Launchpad page. Take a look now.

> Anyway, I realised the wrapper script passes
> keyboard and mouse options to Xephyr. As Xephyr doesn't support udev
> tags, would it make sense to specify the touchscreen via a custom
> xorg.conf?

Instead of tagging your devices manually in udev rules (except for
master-of-seat tag), try using loginctl to handle them:

    loginctl seat-status seat0 (gives you the list of available devices for
seat assignment)

    loginctl attach seatFoo /sys/devices/... (assigns a device to seat
"seatFoo". You can create a new seat just assing a master-of-seat device to
it).

CANTATE DOMINO CANTICUM NOVUM
QUIA MIRABILIA FECIT

Laércio