ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

Re: Splitting outputs on one video card into 2 seats?

Hi,

In principle it's possible to do this using a nested-X-server approach. It
will require you to
1. Provide a Upstart/systemd service, that starts before LightDM/GDM, which
launches a bare Xorg server spanning all avaliable outputs.
2. Install package xserver-xorg-video-nested (available in Ubuntu Multiseat
PPA) and provide a suitable xorg.conf.

I'll try to write a tutorial in Ubuntu Multiseat wiki ASAP.

Kind regards,