ubuntu-ngo team mailing list archive

Introduction

Guys,

For the last 4 years I've been using Ubuntu at University, and then in my
work as Systems Admin up in Manchester, UK.  I gave that up just after
Christmas and am now volunteering out in India for a small, but fast-growing
charity.

I know back in the UK, using Ubuntu for charity-related work is probably not
NGO work.  However, the organisation I'm working for are currently only
small, but growing pretty fast.  In fairly loose terms we are a NGO, or at
least on the way to becoming one of a decent size - with budget increasing
by the month.

I thought I'd just introduce myself as I'm probably going to be more of a
lrker on this list, as it's a great way of me keeping in touch with exactly
what ubuntu are doing in the market I'm now involved in.

The aims of our charity are Health, Education, Advocacy and Development -
and as far as the IT education is concerned all of us involved the charity
are backing my reasons for wanting to teach using Ubuntu rather than MS.
Not just for the language benefits, but for the long term benefit that they
see.

Best of luck, and I'll help out where I can (and where I have the time).

Andy Loughran

Follow ups