ubuntu-ngo team mailing list archive

FYI - Ubuntu for NGOs Team

Hi all,
I've come across a team of people interested in enhancing Ubuntu for use in
the humanitarian sector. Their sign-up page is
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-ngo, with the About Us page here
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NGO. There are probably lots of Humanitarian FOSS
people involved in both projects, but I thought I would distribute this
notice widely regardless.

At this stage, they're interested in helping package Sahana for Ubuntu
distribution. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/271260. This will
come in handy with the 1.0 release coming up. Hopefully the Sahana community
can make the deadline for the Karmic Koala release.

Ubuntu in NGOs have accepted Sahana NZ Cluster Launchpad team into theirs.
This means that all members of the NZ Sahana Cluster Launchpad team are
automatically added to the Ubuntu NGO team. This is separate from the Sahana
maindev list, however. Members of the maindev list will need to add
themselves manually using the link above.

These online communities are growing in strength all the time. Thanks all
for your continued efforts to increase the capability of FOSS to
meet humanitarian needs.

Thanks all,

Tim McNamara
Sahana Project Management Committee