ubuntu-nz team mailing list archive

Te wiki o te reo Maori (Maori Language Week) - Day 5

Kia Ora!

As part of Maori Language Week, we'll be highlighting modules each day
that are quick and easy to translate, and we'll highlight a vocabulary
word for you to impress your co-workers with.

Highlighted module
==============

Today's module is "gtk", which has 859 entries needing
translation. As a core library, these entries can appear throughout
the entire Ubuntu system.

While many of the entries are documentation or error messages, I want
to draw special attention to the STOCK entries. These entries are
commonly used as labels for buttons, menus, toolbars, and dialogs in
Ubuntu programs, so translating these simple, common words has a much
greater effect than your standard translation.

The following comma-separated list are the stock entries. Hopefully
many of these will be words that you have learned this week!

About, Add, Apply, Bold, Cancel, CD-Rom, Clear, Close, Color Picker,
Convert, Connect, Copy, Cut, Delete, Authentication,
Error, Information, Question, Warning, Directory, Discard, Disconnect,
Drag-And-Drop, Drag-And-Drop multiple, Edit, Execute,
File, Find, Find and Replace, Floppy, Fullscreen, Bottom, First, Last,
Top, Back, Down, Forward, Up, Harddisk, Help, Home,
Indent, Index, Info, Italic, Jump to, Center, Fill, Left, Right, Leave
Fullscreen, Media Forward, Media Next, Media Pause,
Media Play, Media Previous, Media Record, Media Rewind, Media Stop,
Missing image, Network, New, No, OK, Open,
Landscape Orientation, Portrait Orientation, Reverse Landscape
Orientation, Reverse Portrait Orientation, Page Setup,
Paste, Preferences, Print, Print Error, Print Paused, Print Preview,
Print Report, Print Warning, Properties, Quit, Redo,
Refresh, Remove, Revert, Save, Save As, Select All, Color, Font,
Ascending, Descending, Spell Check, Stop, Strikethrough,
Undelete, Underline, Undo RTL variant, Unindent, Yes, Zoom 100%, Zoom
to Fit, Zoom In, Zoom Out

If you can translate any of these, go to
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/gtk+2.0/+pots/gtk/mi/+translate
and fill them in! You may need to use the "search" field to locate
your word among all the hundreds of entries.

Vocabulary Word

Today's word is "whakamāori", meaning "translate into Māori". I hope
you all got a chance to translate at least one word this week!