Re: Interesting Android Shell

Yea some options are not really that necessary and some are just for fun, so maybe a plugin system (like that of compiz) would be useful for some of these interesting features (in house or third party) that keep the shell from becoming stale/uninteresting and tend to attract consumers (and what attracts consumers attracts oems).

Happy holidays to you too :)

From: satchitb@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 23:55:01 +0530
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Interesting Android Shell
To: estelar57@xxxxxxxxxxx

Very nice, and, above all, very fun. I don't think that range of options is necessary, especially the more randomly arranged ones, but the gestures were very easy to pick up, like double tap to select multiple items, lasso select, etc. The side launcher also works much like we thought it would on Ubuntu Phone, though I'd like to say that a launcher whose items exceed one screen in length is clumsy. A better option should be found for that problem than the horrendous folding that we currently have on Ubuntu desktop.

Enjoy your holidays, everyone :)