Re: Name Change from Ubuntu Phone to Ubuntu Mobile?

On 01/13/2012 03:57 PM, Ian Santopietro wrote:
No, that's Ubuntu Trade Mark! ;-)

What about taking a cue from desktop edition and simply calling it all
Ubuntu. If it's not similar enough in use for it all to be called the
same thing, then we've already removed one of the best potential
features Ubuntu on a phone could have.

At a technical level, they could each have a different name used to
describe the different changes made to each version, but outwardly, all
Ubuntu computers, Ubuntu Phones, Ubuntu tablets, and Ubuntu TVs would
all be running Ubuntu.

I think there can be two version Ubuntu for desktop and Ubuntu for Mobile as both these platforms have different needs, just like Mac and iOS. So, I think its can be Ubuntu for Desktop and Ubuntu Mobile for Phone/Tablets and Ubuntu TV. Just saying. This idea is about the device segment which clearly is 3 - PC, Mobile and TV.

Swapnil

On Jan 13, 2012 7:06 AM, "Swapnil Bhartiya" <swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx