Re: Name Change from Ubuntu Phone to Ubuntu Mobile?

On 13/01/12 15:58, Thomas Mashos wrote:
I think the project name is less important, as it's more specific to developers. Someone wanting to make things specifically for the tablet would probably look for Ubuntu Tablet (and likewise for phone and TV). Marketing-wise, these all (phone, tablet, tv) will probably run "Ubuntu Unity"

+1.

The name isn't vitally important right now. We're talking about running an Ubuntu based system on a phone. We are also examining the tablet space too, as well as TV. What it looks like eventually and how much of the UI/core is shared between formats is still up in the air. For now lets not worry about the name, and focus on what we want to see in a phone and how it might function and look.

Al.