Re: The Future Of Ubuntu Tablets After Microsoft Ban?

>    MANDATORY: Disabling Secure MUST NOT be possible on ARM systems

This is pretty confusing. Actually the whole debate is. On phones or
tablets I have never seen a configuration options at all like x86.

To disable secure boot they have to provide an option to disable it.

Won't it brick the hardware? Or it won't? Not sure. I wish someone with
adequate knowledge can enlighten.

There are more Android and iPad ARM devices out there than Windows 8. Even
in a few years down I don't see Windows 8 beating Android and iOS in
tablets.

If ubuntu on tablets is a really serious attempt, there needs to be
hardware available which ships it preloaded. Not everyone has time,
patience or technical capability to install it themselves

-
Manish