Re: The Future Of Ubuntu Tablets After Microsoft Ban?

I'd like to add to what Manish has said already. Tablets and phones (and
TVs) are *very* different from desktop computers. Users are less likely to
tinker with the OS of such devices (likelihood in decreasing order of the
devices I mentioned). Thus, it is imperative that Ubuntu ships preloaded on
hardware. I would disagree partly with Ian and say that the distribution
systems of the companies he mentioned is very limited (for example, I am
looking to buy a System 76 laptop in the near future, but shipping raises
the price a good deal). No doubt such companies will provide a better
Ubuntu experience than the bigger players, but having the big names offer
and advertise Ubuntu will better the image as well as the reach of Ubuntu.

Despite this ridiculous order from Microsoft, I would really like to
believe that OEMs will allow the disabling of Secure Boot.