Re: All right, what's this about?

On 02/21/2012 02:34 PM, Chris wrote:
I just found this somewhere on the web (in my timeline of facebook to be
precise): http://www.webupd8.org/2012/02/ubuntu-for-android-demo-video.html
Can someone tell me what this is about? ^_^

It's a hybrid device for quad-core (or minimally, dual-core) phones which let you dock your phone and get a full Ubuntu desktop that has all the information (contacts, calendar, web history, photos, etc.) from your Android phone.

It's not an Ubuntu phone, but I'd buy one tomorrow. I wouldn't have to take my laptop back and forth to work, or to LUGs, or anything. Also I imagine there'd be a portable cradle you can use to use your phone like a laptop and get the desktop display.

And hey, Ubuntu TV stuffs built in too!

Product page: http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android

sabdfl's announcement: http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/1011

--