Re: All right, what's this about?

On 02/21/2012 02:53 PM, John wrote:
One question: is this going to be open source? All of the links on the
product page seem to be oriented towards OEMs :(

That's because first OEMs have to make it, then later consumers have something to buy and hold in their hand. (My apologies for pushing this back onto the mailing list, but I think it's important.)

From http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android/commercial-info :

= Ubuntu for Android licensing =

Ubuntu for Android components produced by Canonical are generally licensed under the GPLv3 or LGPLv3. Alternative licensing is available on the proviso that Canonical retains discretionary rights to include work done in the public versions of Unity and Ubuntu.