Re: Unity Launcher - Web Version

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Robert Schuh <rschuh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I tried (at least the lef side launcher) to get as close as you can see in
> the demo videos...
>
> as far as i know you have to keep the finger pressed and release a the app
> you want to start.
> thats the way i intend it to work too (the top launcher has this already
> integrated)
>

> what do you mean by "Discoverability" ?

The Ubuntu Mobile way of revealing the launcher is hard to guess if you are
an average user that don't know how to make it visible.

As more as I use this drag-and-push approach, as more I like it. It may
even work with gestures when using a Kinect like device:

* The user moves fast his hand from left to the right → launcher opens
* The user moves his hand up and down → switching launcher items
* To select an item make a forefinger → selected launcher item gets started

One UX concept that works on the desktop, mobile and with gesture
recognition - wow.

@Robert
I don't know for what the JavaScript version can be used. For me it's a
great way to test - feel - how this UX concept works on the desktop.