[Ubuntu Phone] Colors used in Apps

Hello, I'm not a developer. But wanted to get a little input on
preferences. Any time I install a new system. One of the first things I
do is change the theme colors to something more subdued. I'm not super
picky on the over all color itself. But I mainly want to change the
color that is in text boxes and others. Bright white colors have always
hurt my eyes, especially when working in dark areas. And that is the
main thing that makes me leary about U-phone. Is the demo apps I've seen
use ALOT of white. My Android phone hurts my eyes enough with color
other than white and the screen bright all the way down ( In Dark rooms
that is.) So I can't imagine the anguish that the Gallery app for the
U-phone would cause. :-/

I usually chose a light grey color. One that would be hard to know is
not white unless there is something truly white next to it. So it
wouldn't take away from the experience too much. As well probably saving
on battery a little bit. Cause white is the most battery intensive color
on LCD screens.

Just my thoughts. Since it seems everyone is in the App Development Zone.

God Bless your guys' work.