Re: Accessibility

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 01:11:41AM EST, Calum K Pringle wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Sorry to disappoint! It is on the list, (a long list), so rest assured. We are working on it, however for now I can't say which technology might be the most appropriate (in response to your mention of Orca).

Whilst QT/QML has some accessibility support for Orca in QT5, the real issue here is touch. Assuming one could navigate with a keyboard and arrow keys, things should generally work, however without Orca being able to work with touch input, its useless for a phone environment.

The accessibility stack currently doesn't have any support for touch. I was originally going to be working on adding touch support to Orca this cycle, however Nexus 7 audio issues have taken priority, and I realised that Orca is not the best place to lay the foundations for this work, such work needs to happen lower in the stack.

Luke