[Ubuntu Phone] [Email App] Exchange Support

Hi Ubuntu Phone Devs,

I'm investigating the market for exchange /
activesync support in the uPhone email application. As far as I've been
able to see, there are currently no plans to support these protocols,
nor are there easily portable open libraries.

I would very much like
to see the uPhone succeed on a large scale, and I think at least
providing corporate email access to owners of this phone would help a
lot. Assuming it has not been done yet, I will be implementing the EAS
protocol and adding it as a plug in to the core email application (and
also as a Thunderbird plugin eventually).

Cheers, and good luck to you
all.

(Additionally, I am a big believer in TDD, and am following along
with the TDD-related discussions here, never fear)

--

MYLES HATHCOCK

Co-Founder / Chief of Development

Veridian Enterprises, LLC