Re: [Ubuntu Phone] [Email App] Exchange Support

On 18/02/13 17:15, Myles Hathcock wrote:

> Hi Ubuntu Phone Devs,
>

> I'm investigating the market for exchange / activesync support in the
> uPhone email application. As far as I've been able to see, there are
> currently no plans to support these protocols, nor are there easily
> portable open libraries.

Evolution has Exchange support [1] in the evolution-exchange package
[2]. It doesn't seem to be available in Quantal and I don't know how
good it is. Could some of it be leveraged?

>  I would very much like to see the uPhone succeed on a large scale,
> and I think at least providing corporate email access to owners of
> this phone would help a lot. Assuming it has not been done yet, I will
> be implementing the EAS protocol and adding it as a plug in to the
> core email application (and also as a Thunderbird plugin eventually).

I agree with that thought but it doesn't seem like a small task!

Bruno

[1] http://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.1/exchange-configure.html.en
[2] http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/evolution-exchange