Re: Report Bugs, update, etc.

On 02/22/2013 11:48 AM, Jason Hihn wrote:
This really isn't a bug, rather an observation. The phone starts out fine enough, but after 5 minutes of flicking things about, it grinds to a halt. The animations are beyond jerky and shortly after that the phone needs to have the battery pulled.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 3:03 AM, David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:david.planella@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Al 21/02/13 20:31, En/na Ryan Sipes ha escrit:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > First off I'd like to say that Ubuntu Phone looks and runs
    great, I've
    > been using it over the last couple of hours (approximately) and
    I'm now
    > working on loading the apps I made onto the phone for testing.
     I'm very
    > happy with this project so far.

    Hi Ryan,

    That's awesome! Thanks for testing and giving us feedback.

    > Having said that I've noticed little issues here and there that
    I would
    > like to ensure are reported as bugs.  I'm aware that this kind
    of thing
    > can be tracked in Launchpad, so my question is how do you go about
    > reporting a bug and can anyone report a bug?

    Yes, everyone can report bugs. You'll simply need to create a
    Launchpad
    account first, which you've already done if you're posting on this
    list :)

    Here's how:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Contribute#How_to_report_bugs

    > Secondly, I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not I can
    just SSH
    > into the phone (as I've already done per the instructions here:
    > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/ReleaseNotes ), and install
    updates using
    > sudo apt-get update && apt-get get upgrade.  This would be
    better than
    > having to flash a new image each time there's an update.

    This is also covered here:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/ReleaseNotes#Upgrades

    "Some parts of the image can't currently be upgraded, so it is best to
    deploy a full updated image (link to install tool). Individual
    apps can
    be updated with APT, though"

    So in short, while you can use apt-get, for now I'd stick to
    re-flashing
    the full image until we're at a point where all contents of the image
    can be updated through the regular package mechanism.

    > That's all I've got, if anyone has answers to these questions
    please let
    > me know, thanks!
    >
    > Ryan Sipes
    > http://myownlinux.com