Re: Ubuntu Phone Calculator Demo #1

Agreed. Already better than my stock Android calc!  As to the syntax error
message mentioned by Octavian, I too think it's a bit too intense or
distracting.  I love the real-time feedback and would definitely keep that
going.

Perhaps you could do something with font color/style/weight to provide the
feedback rather than printing "syntax error".  For example (and I too am
not a UX designer) text could be red (or italic, etc) for the added text
when the input is invalid.  You might track state using something like a
memento pattern (think versioning) to track states.

STATE 1: *4*      # this is valid, update "last good state", apply "good
style"
STATE 2: *4* *+*    # not valid, find "last good state" and apply "bad
style" to difference
STATE 3: *4 + 4*  # back to valid, update "last good state", apply "good
style"

Hope that it least gives you some ideas, to kick around.  Looking great!
 Keep it coming!!!

-Sandman