Re: Ubuntu Phone Calculator Demo #1

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback everyone. Here my comments on your feedback:

1. I will not show "syntax error" (or other errors) anymore. I have some
ideas how to handle this. We will not drop auto-calculation - that's too
cheap to be dropped.

    a. You can't enter "4 + 20 - /". Notice that screen sometimes becomes
red in video.

    b. Displaying last good result is option but maybe it must be dimmed. I
think it is better to shown nothing.

2. We will change "=" to "M+" or something similar. I guess it is quite
brave dropping "=" but let's try.

3. We will try to figure out what else apart animation could hint about
memory being in the top. We will try to show scientific keyboard partially
(good idea).

    a. Animation is actually a little bit slower. Screencasting made
everything a little bit faster.

4. NaN - I'm not sure about not showing this one yet. We will discuss.
Could this one be generated using non-scientific buttons?

5. "C and backspace keys in different colours" looks reasonable.

6. Infinity symbol is good idea. Thanks.

7. Concern about colors being to bright. I will try to get design team
feedback on this one.

Out of scope. SDK team could comment (while I already see one relevant
comments):

It would be better to use colors from some system wide theme (e.g. "Ubuntu
Orange"). This way all apps would look more or less similar (at least color
wise). As well it would be easier to address accessibility concerns.

Regards,
Dalius