Re: [SDK] Ubuntu-sdk conflict with KDE

Joey Chen wrote:
> I should warn somebody who are using Ubuntu with KDE, If anyone try to
> install ubuntu-sdk in KDE, the core package "kde-workspace" will be
> remove by the installation process, then KDE will never show up until
> "kde-workspace" reinstalled.

Thanks for spreading the word on your workaround. I'd like to highlight
a couple of additional tidbits.

Qtchooser:

* There's a qtchooser compatible Qt 4 for Ubuntu 12.10 in the PPA - if
you upgrade to it instead of removing what qtchooser conflicts with, you
can co-install also the development binaries like qmake for both Qt 4 and 5
* A qtchooser compatible Qt 4 for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is under construction
right now, and will be copied over to the PPA once it works
* The Qt 4 in the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS archives got a security update last
week. Because of that version number bump there may have been file
conflicts installing Ubuntu SDK until today that I updated the
qtchooser, since it didn't conflict with the right version of Qt 4
regarding the development binaries.

Kubuntu & qdbus:
* As Kubuntu depends on qdbus which is handled by qtchooser as well, you
can alternatively install qt4-default (instead of qt5-default) from the
PPA's Qt 4 to provide the Qt 4's qdbus in the default path. Qt Creator
etc. can be configured to use Qt 5 regardless of the default qtchooser
configuration.
* Qt 5's qdbus would be available in qttools5-dev-tools, but obviously
it doesn't fill in a package dependency on 'qdbus'

-Timo