SGS i9000 dual boot and feedback

Hi guys,

I managed to enable Ubuntu Touch as dual boot on an SGS i9000 -
that is, you boot the phone in Android as usual, and then you
can unload Android and load Ubuntu Touch via a shell script.

Currently, it is unusable -
  - The WiFi interface doesn't work, there are no wireless extensions
visible (in progress)
  - Phone is getting very hot, exceeding thermal design limit (it smells
like burned plastic).
                 I think that qml-phone-shell is the culprit, as it keeps
the CPU pegged :D.

  - No way to resurrect after sleep via the Power Button

On the + side, I successively use zRAM instead of a swap file.

I'll keep you posted,

Alex

Follow ups