On wiz-bang features

Here's a wish list for specifications for devices built specifically for
the Ubuntu phone platform:

Camera button: I would love to see the platform hardware specification call
for a physical camera button if a rear-facing camera is included with the
device. Physical camera buttons with tactile feedback for the half-pressed
point provide a much more intuitive interface for taking pictures. (They
also reduce motion blur induced when the user taps the on-screen camera
button).

Push-to-talk button: Ubuntu phone should be the first platform with every
phone, regardless of network, deployed with a push to talk feature and
every phone should have a push to talk button included.

Device lock slider: I've had devices on several different platforms which
had a device lock which, when activated, provided a non-security method of
preventing other keys or the touch screen from responding to input. A
physical slider was always nicer because I could check the status of the
lock without removing the device from my pocket.

NFC: deploy this on all devices on the platform to enable wiz-bang
environmental interactivity. (The ability to make the device perform
actions by tapping an NFC sticker. Ex: by tapping an NFC sticker on the
dashboard as I enter my car, I can enable and disable a car mode).

Magnetic sensor(s): include a magnet sensor (or two) similar to the
BlackBerry platform to detect placement in a pouch or clip and perform
(user-definable) automatic actions when the sensor is triggered. (Ex.:
screen off and locked when in the pouch).

Thanks,

Bill R. WASHBURN