Re: SGS i9000 dual boot and feedback

On 02/26/2013 01:03 PM, Miguel Angel Castiblanco Torres wrote:
Alexandru,

I'd ported Ubuntu Touch to a SGT2 10.1 (P5110), and I'm having wi-fi
issue, wi-fi isn't working at all.

Any clue of wifi problem?

From my personal experience wifi can be quite a pain to deal when using the Android kernel/drivers.

First, make sure the interface is available at the Android side. Second, you might need to request the firmware to be loaded during runtime (e.g. at Nexus 4 you need to load the driver and then write something at the firmware path loader for it to be usable).

One easy way to investigate what is happening is by booting into the stock CM10.1 image for your device, and checking the logs to see what is actually happening at the low layer.

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo