Re: [Design] [Calendar] Calendar key journeys

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Gilbert Röhrbein <payload@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On 27.02.2013 13:39, Calum K Pringle wrote:
>
>> We've just posted some key journeys for the calendar app on our blog;
>> let us know what you think! Check it out ;
>> http://design.canonical.com/**2013/02/app-patterns-applied-**
>> calendar-key-journeys/<http://design.canonical.com/2013/02/app-patterns-applied-calendar-key-journeys/>
>>

> I am unsure about following section:
>
>     Compress the month view into a week view
>
>     * Scrolling up on diary view, collapses the month view into one row,
> showing one week only and giving more space to display your events
>
> When I scroll down on diary view, it scrolls down to the evening. When I
> scroll up, it scrolls to the morning. When I scroll up and it is already at
> the upper limit, it squeezes the month to a week. Am I right about this?
>
>         Gilbert

I would expect just the opposite: moving the finger down scrolls to the
morning, moving it up to the evening. This would match the "pulling"
analogy used by all touch interfaces I know about. Doing it the other way
around would be very surprising to most users, despite being consistent
with conventional desktop interfaces (ignoring the "natural scrolling"
thing introduced by OS X Lion).

Michael