Reverse tethering support

Hi,

did anyone manage to get reverse tethering working, i.e. using the
computers internet on the phone?

Based on what I read,
adb shell setprop sys.usb.config=rndis,adb
should be done first to enabe rndis0 interface. After this command,
two things happen:
1. adb stops working (adb shell gives "error: insufficient permissions
for device" afterwards)
2. Ubuntu/NetworkManager on the computer recognizes a network
interface usb0 and sets everything up, but no dhcp request are
incoming from the phone (as seen in /var/log/syslog)
3. when trying to send something over usb0, I get a lot of
protocol 0806 is buggy, dev usb0
in dmesg.

My device is Nexus 4 running the latest Ubuntu phone snapshot. (8)

I specifically ask that, because Wifi seems to broken with the latest
snapshot, and it's also good to have around for developing/debugging.

Best wishes,
Matthias

Follow ups