Re: Music app.

Hi,

I'm in. I already wrote my own Music player for the N9 [1] because the
integrated one didn't satisfy my needs (and was closed source so I couldn't
contribute in fixing them). I would be happy if we could reuse some bits and
pieces, and if its only ideas or learnings on what not to do.

Its pure Qt but features a plugin-like interface for sources. There are
currently 2 sources implemented: a simple file system browser and one that uses
the QDocumentGallery (which represented the internal's player database on
MeeGo). However, the interface has been made keeping in mind that it should be
able to support other sources too (like, spotify, radio stations etc). I think
it should be quite straight forward to implement a source which represents
data from qtubuntu-media.

If you guys are interested, I will start porting the existing code to use the
Ubuntu.Components instead of the MeeGo ones. How does that sound?

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://notyetthere.org/?page_id=25