Re: ubuntu_chroot will cause power off device [SOLVED]

2013/3/15 Ricardo Salveti de Araujo <ricardo.salveti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Cool, it might help then once we improve the flashing script to identify
> if the partition has enough space available.

While browsing in quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip file I have
discovered any potentional bug in future. There is a script (
META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script ) for installing package in
/data directory. This script works this way :

1) mounting "/data"
2) extracting "manhattan-quantal-armhf-tar-*.tar.gz" to
"/data/ubuntu-rootfs.tar.gz"
3) removing temp directory "/data/ubuntu_tmp_extract"
4) extracting "/data/ubuntu-rootfs.tar.gz" to "/data/ubuntu_tmp_extract"
5) removing directory "/data/ubuntu"
6) moving extracted data
from "/data/ubuntu_tmp_extract/binary/casper/filesystem.dir" to
"/data/ubuntu"
7) deleting "/data/ubuntu-rootfs.tar.gz"

I think it is better to move step 4 at the beggining after step 1. Why?
This will save space in /data partition. Imagine we have limited space in
this partition which can be poulated with previously used filesystem.

> Just for curiosity, how large is your /data?

My previous /data partition was cca 1.25GB large. Now I have moved in
partition which is 10 times bigger = 12.8GB. Installed system uses 1.1GB of
space.