Qt 5.0.1 approaching PPA:s

Hi,

Just a heads-up that we're approaching the day when qt5-proper PPA will
get Qt 5.0.1 for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and 12.10. If you're using Ubuntu
13.04, you are already using Qt 5.0.1 so this won't affect you.

You may be interested in testing out what happens to your apps/packaging
before this happens, so if you want to test please do as follows:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:canonical-qt5-edgers/qt5-beta-proper
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-sdk
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

There have been a couple of package renames compared to the original
5.0.0 packaging, especially in the qtmultimedia module. Upgrade will
take care of replacing, but you may need to adjust your build
dependencies in packagings.

I don't know the exact date yet, but I'll follow up when I know... it
might be late next week for example.

-Timo

Follow ups