Re: [Ubuntu-touch-coreapps] Why is there not a Browser or music app in the core app?

Hi

Please not that I have not been part of the dicision making on the browser,
but I might give some ideas on why I for one would not pick firefox as the main
browser for Ubuntu Touch:

- Its look and feel is not made for Ubuntu Touch. In my opinion consistency is
really important and having an application with differnt toolbar, color and
behavior is a bad thing.

- It's not Qt. We decided to go for Qt with Ubuntu Touch. All other
applications are written in Qt. That makes it possible to share libraries
between them. Having to load xul and all others of firefox's dependencies will
most certainly consume more memory than a browser that can share its libs with
the rest of the system.

I could think of more arguments like WebKit vs Gecko, Firefox's gestures
interfering with Ubuntu Touch gestures etc. Also I think the syncing bookmarks
is not a totally valid use case as at least for me the content viewed on the
phone on the go is a totally different one than the one I read/view on my PC. I
could agree that some poeple might want this though.

Hope this gives some insight,
Michael