[Q] chroot/Android file system access

I know people have used TWRP to flash the Ubuntu-Touch images while leaving Android user data untouched. I know from setting up a LAMP chroot that it took explicit instruction to allow a chroot RW access to the host file system. Does anyone know if the Ubuntu-Touch chroot has any RW access to the Android file system? If there is no RW access then can this be added post install of Ubuntu-Touch?

Sorry for the question but I am still waiting for my Nexus 10 to be delivered so I cannot test it myself.

Thanks

Doug