[Ubuntu-Clock-App] Alarm functionality question

I've been thinking about the implementation of the alarms in the clock app
and wanted to hear your thoughts. The UI clock app is not running all the
time so we cannot just use QML Timers to trigger the alarms. What would be
the best option to achieve the alarm-functionality?

I am not that familiar with innerworkings of the Ubuntu system but know Qt
and QML.

In my mind there are options:

1. We need some outside daemon/task to keep track of the alarms and trigger
the clock app upon alarm
2. In our app, create a C++ main which can handle the closeEvent off the
app and not close the whole app but only close the UI -> we can keep on
running our timers and trigger alarms and the UI when needed
3. Your suggestion

Feedback appreciated.

--
Juha Ristolainen ( @Riussi ) / Codemancers Oy