Re: [Development] Solution for a password/secret storage

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Daniel Clem <clem11388@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I made a reply to the "Why no Browser in the core apps” thread about using
> the same filetype as KeepassX, but didn't see Keepass mentioned here so I
> thought it might be un related to the browser discussion.
>
> The .kdb file type is encrypted and requires a master password to open.
> But is very secure and runs on all 3 desktop types and on Android. Perhaps
> its not integrated into gnome-keyring or kwallet, but I always hated how
> they both would always pop up asking for a unlocking password for simple
> messaging tasks. Maybe it was just me, but always seemed cumbersome and
> confusing.

If we are to use Keepass file format, why not use instead .kdbx (Keepass 2)
files instead of .kdb (Keepass 1)? I am not sure which but in the page of
Keepass <http://keepass.info/help/v2/version.html> it says the 2.0 file
format has a lot more features.

Keepass 2 is available to Linux as a mono program, with a mix of
GPL-2/LGPL-2/MIT licenses.

--
Cláudio "Patola" Sampaio
IRC: ptl  - Yahoo: patolaaa