Re: Addressing the lack of Trademark License for YouTube, Twitter and Facebook Core Apps

Dear All
Why not make a UNIFIED system and have these "services" in the back end without the need to name them.
My email client does not need anyones permission when I add a gmail pop account to it..

Like what adium does (as one example).
Blackberry Playbook address book was a very nice example of a unified approach, especially how it merged linkedin with the contact details with an icon for each service. I think Ubuntu needs to be similar but with added presence (in the XMPP sense).

If you look at the phone  interface, all messages are already UNIFIED into the UI in one place, so why do you need a separate app to be a twit ?
Stay with the concept of a generic Unified UI  front end that handles  all the prettiness  and then have modules for each service behind it and aggregate forward.
Its all going XMPP anyway.
There would be no branding issues if you did that, you just supply login details to each service you wanted.
Just do not make them all separate named apps.

Presence could then be linked into the contacts details and then its a simple setting to show users online etc for Skype, SIP, whatever…
I am personally tired of having 7 different messaging apps on my phone when I could have one unified one that does it all.