Re: [Development] Solution for a password/secret storage

On 03/19/2013 05:04 PM, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
>> By using LUKS (or even encfs, with some tricks), it's possible to
>> associate more than one key to an encrypted partition: that is, there
>> might be multiple keys which allow unlocking the secrets DB: a SIM card,
>> a password, a lock code, a fingerprint signature, etc.
>
> I would really hate having a system that relies on mounting an encrypted
> filesystem. It seems to me there are way too many disadvantages to this
> to be worthwhile.

Which disadvantages? I agree that with LUKS there would be the
disadvantage of requiring root privileges and having a fixed size, but
encFS uses FUSE (therefore it can be mounted by an ordinary user) and
there is no size limit.
The advantage of an encrypted filesystem is that you can store an
ordinary SQLite file inside it. :-)

Ciao,
  Alberto