Re: [Development] Will need help improving the bluetooth story

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <
mathieu-tl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]

> You could also install gnome-control-center and gnome-bluetooth from the
> archive to get to use the usual GUIs for configuring devices.

I've been told this is unclear and incorrect; I'd just like to explain: you
can install these packages along with xauth to have SSH be able to redirect
the output of these applications (the GUI) to the host you're connecting
from, provided you allow X forwarding, something like:

ssh -Y phablet@ip.address

By itself, the tablet won't show the GUIs at all for gnome apps.

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu.tl@xxxxxxxxx>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl@xxxxxxxxx
4096R/EE018C93 1967 8F7D 03A1 8F38 732E  FF82 C126 33E1 EE01 8C93