Re: [Development] Qt/QML Python bindings

> And I've had a dev hint at the idea that the new toolkit will eventually
> work for desktop apps as well.

The whole idea of Ubuntu 14.04 is convergence. And I don't think it will be
just merging the current Unity with uTouch, from what I see, it wil
basically be about making uTouch work on desktop.

Errrm.... Javascript isn't "also inefficient". Qml is using V8 engine,
> which is quite a bit more performant than the Python VM

V8 can be sometimes a memory monster, which is, I guess, where it gets his
speed from. But not enough that it would be alarming. Still, it makes it so
easy to create memory leaks!

I truly hate python, but really love javascript. It allows so much more
freedom in development (which is exactly what the Netscape guys indended
back then), getting out of the way when needed. I find the js/C++ mix
really good as you get best of both worlds: js gets out of your way when
you want to develop and, if need arises, you have a stronger C++ keeping
your back.

Zisu Andrei