Re: Ubuntu Touch summary (week 11)

On 03/20/2013 11:45 AM, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:21:09AM +0100, Daniel Holbach wrote:
Hey David,

On 20.03.2013 11:11, David Hacker wrote:
I know to update the Android base when there are changes to the android
packages on gitweb, just wondered if there is an easy when to tell when
the Ubuntu bzr parts of the android bar change and require a new build?
Unless something had changed on Ubuntu side or with the ported device
tree it seems pointless to rebuild the Android base daily?

Maybe somebody on the list can answer this?

I'm not sure I fully understand the question, so I'll just give it a go with
some random thoughts on what the answer can be :-)

I think he actually just want to know when we might end up having possible version and api mismatches between the android and ubuntu side, so he can rebuild the system image.

There's nothing official about it yet, but we should be announcing any API breakage at this mailing list, to help people working with the ports.

Hopefully soon we should be have a smarter way to allow the ubuntu side to update the needed files from the android partition.

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo