Re: Writing good changelog entries

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 08:40:14AM +0000, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> On 18.03.2013 14:54, Michał Sawicz wrote:
> > Should essentially every MR be accompanied by a changelog entry? I'd
> > like that, only we'll get conflicts on every merge request if something
> > merged in trunk in the mean time :/
>
> I don't know how other teams like the Unity team are doing it. Does
> anyone know?

My understanding is that jenkins will create the changelog for you if
you are set up for autolanding correctly. All you need to do is make
sure there is a lp bug registered to track the work you're doing, and
then when you submit the MP, set the commit message as "Fixes bug /
implements some feature (LP: #nnnnnn)" and then when jenkins merges it
for you, it will add the changelog entry for you.

However, that does only work for stacks that are set up to autoland.
If you are doing the merging by hand then you do need to write your
own changelog entry.