Re: Frequency of CyanogenMod syncs?

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 02:41:51AM -0700, Christopher Noel Hesse wrote:
> I guess not. Furthermore I assume we already have the latest Android 4.2.1
> codebase from CM-10.1.

We don't do it automatically. If there is a good reason to though as when
we upgraded from ICS to JB to get manta support, we will.

> Actually, upgrading to 4.2.2 wouldn't be that clever, because we would
> loose the ability to use usb debugging using adb before the first actual
> boot.

There are other issues as well, APIs change and it needs to be worth it
to move there.

> The new security handling in 4.2.2 forces you to manually whitelist your
> PC's RSA access key on your device to be able to use the android debug
> bridge.
>
> It should be possible to disable that annoying security mechanism in Ubuntu
> Touch if we want to upgrade to 4.2.2 though.

Yes and it also requires you to setup for adb root, that is one of the
things we already disable.

There are blueprints or just talk still about:
- Figuring out what to do with adb long term in Ubuntu once we are on S
- Changing Android to be in the container and have Ubuntu as the main OS.

Ricardo S, do you have links to these if they already exist?

Cheers,
Sergio.

PS: I like adb