Some info regarding Akonadi

Hi folks!

A friend pointed me to your recent discussion on Akonadi and I thought you
would like to have some contact who you could ask any questions you might
have.

Since I have just subscribed I cannot direclty reply to the original mail.

Client libraries:
Currenly the only actively used client library for Akonadi is the one
developed by the KDE PIM project developers.

One of those developers, Stephen Kelly, has created a Pyton based
implementation to demonstrate the technologies viability across software
stacks:

git://gitorious.org/python-twisted-akonadi/python-twisted-akonadi.git
http://steveire.wordpress.com/2009/10/13/cross-platform-akonadi-video/

Basically the only requirement is to be able to handle a Unix domain socket.
I have a proof of concept implementation in Vala lying around on my harddisk
somewhere and recently for fun experimented doing it with NodeJS.

The KDE based stack consists of several libraries, some of which contain low
level code, some containing widgets or model/view classes, some for generic
data, some for specialized data (such as contacts, calendar, email).

Some protocol bits are shared with the server side implementation and have no
dependency on any other library developed by KDE.

KDE contact aggregation:
similar to Folks the metacontact libs are primarily driven by people from the
instant messaging community.
The respective project is called KPeople.:
http://www.mail-archive.com/kde-telepathy@xxxxxxx/msg06970.html

If you have any further questions just let me know. If I don't know the
answers myself I will find people who do :)

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring