Re: Addressing the lack of Trademark License for YouTube, Twitter and Facebook Core Apps

On 22/03/13 21:45, Benjamin Kerensa wrote:
Should we not just be respecting their trademark policies outright? It
seems odd to use a brands logo like this and then ask permission after and
continue to use it until the company instructs otherwise.

It's not *quite* like that. Don't presume that we've not been in contact with a lot of partners and potential partners for some time, even before any announcements have been made. Decisions about which apps will continue to be developed and whether we are in contravention of a their legal policy documents are not as cut and dry as it might seem from the outside.

In short, we're on it.

Alan Pope
Engineering Manager

Canonical - Product Strategy