Re: General questions

On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 09:25:52AM +0530, Jasneet Singh Kandhari wrote:
> Am still bugged about not having the completed compatibility with desktop
> applications. If I remember correctly, Ubuntu few versions ago became touch
> friendly right ! ( When it started coming for HP Devices )

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

> & the Unity brought
> with it launcher as optional back then  i.e. you could switch between the
> persent launcher look and the old launcher look which was at the top left .
> Similarly can't we have a simple switch at the Unity Launcher which will enable
> to give us switch between the phone look & the desktop look ( which will even
> allow us to switch between the two as and when we like for example when am
> working on TV Out I might as well prefer the Desktop Ubuntu and work on it )

Yes, that is one of the goals. You'll get the touch interface on your
phone, but if you plug it into a larger screen it will automatically
give the desktop interface on the larger screen. I'm not sure how
complete that work is at the moment, but it's definitely something
we're working towards.