Re: How to make deb package?

On 04/08/2013 12:32 PM, ??????? ??????? wrote:
Hello.

How to make deb package for Ubuntu Phone? Where can I find good tutorial about this? I have c++ code in my app, how to make package that can be installed on different devices?
How to make package for Desktop Ubuntu? Is it must be different packages?

Best regards,
Nick

Even if officially there is no support for packaging software with the SDK tools we have experimental features enabled in the QtCreator plugin.

Open your project and try the two experimental menus:

Build -> Ubuntu ->Build && Install C++ project on Ubuntu Device (experimental)
    Build -> Ubuntu -> Build C++ project on Ubuntu Device (experimental)

They actually work well with most of the Qt5 projects.

Keep in mind that you still need the .desktop file properly configured. You can check out for examples in the QML project templates available from the application wizard.

How the applications launched on the phone you can get a good understanding by checking out who the QtCreator does it with qmlscene and QML apps -> /usr/share/qtcreator/ubuntu/menu.json

and feel free to ping me or anybody from the SDK team on the IRC :)

cheers,

bzoltan